Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Online to study to write for online!

I am trying something different for the next 6 weeks!  I am studying online how to write for the web.



It is through a web site called open2study.com, which I can highly recommend.  It is a free service that is super easy to use, with polite reminders and indicators about how much you have done, what needs to be done and also time frames!

It is all video based in nice little bites.  How I manage this is commit to sit and watch and do the short assessments for half an hour - making sure I do not respond to my mind thinking - I'll just check my emails or I will just check facebook.  (It does mean getting up an hour earlier before the family!)

The course I am taking Writing for the Web and already I have a lot of new information I can apply to my work and also in the development of my online profile and business.



4 comments:

k.r.i.s.t.y said...

Ooooh, might have to give this a go, thanks :)

Anonymous said...

how cool! I might have to give it a go too. Thanks for highlighting this great resource.

Nice to come across your blog Tamara.

PlanningQueen said...

Nice one! I am planning to do an online course soon too, so will look forward to any tips you might have on this.

Sam Marwood said...

I was looking at that yesterday Tam! I want to do a couple of courses as well. Let me know how it goes, I might sign up in a few weeks